Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A number I haven't seen since May

155.2

This is where I am comfortable. Thinking back on my summer I can see where I was getting complacent and lazy. A donut here, a tiny scone there. Another handful of nuts or an extra granola bar. It adds up. Even though I was exercising I was overcompensating for those calories. That's what maintenance is about-- the reality check every once in a while. Not to say that three months from now I won't be lazy again and motivated by clothes that are getting to tight, but for the moment.

:c)

Afterthought. When I am not eating as well I don't think my body processes food as efficiently. I have been surprised to see the scale drop so quick in the past two weeks, but I think a lot of it is water retention, poo (ew. but true) and just general backedupness. I am not sure if there is any truth in that, but something I have noticed.

No comments: