Saturday, May 17, 2008

Where did the week go?

I've been sleeping a bunch since my finals ended, decompressing I think. We are going on vacation next week and then moving when we get back-- now is a good time to rest. There is also something floating around in me producing a low grade temp and fatigue. I hope to snap out of it shortly, I'm pretty sure it's not my knee. And speaking of other things that happen in June.

Open enrollment baby! I need a new knee doc. Someone with a smidge more expertise in my long term prospects-- I'll be looking for a TKR guy.

Today was surprisingly sunny and I slept for most of it. I could use some exercise but the knee.... I can maintain without stressing it, but I would enjoy being more active in general. The rest of my body needs it I think. I am still on the higher side of where I would like to be, the little voice in my head says, "Geeze Sarah, relax, it's only 161. Remember , when you used to weigh 345. Perspective. Get some."

It's just, now my perspective has changed.

Time for some more sleep. It's been all in the news lately how crappy rest leads to obesity, blah blah blah. Maybe-- but you can make a study prove anything. My mattress is way crappy and keeps me up sometimes but I'm still keeping off the weight.

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hi there! congrats on getting through your exams! You do deserve some rest.

Your photos are amazing, and so inspiring. How long did it take you to get to your goal weight? I feel like you do, that WLS should only be done when it is an emergency - but I do agree that you can be setting yourself up for a lifetime of struggles from then on. Thanks for coming by my blog and the encouragement - I'm subscribing to you now! Your jewelry is beautiful - I love Etsy.

Unknown said...

Full disclousure-- the jewelry is my sisters. We are both collectors of vintage costume pieces but she turns old beads into something amazing.

I lost my weight at two different times. In 2000 I went from 345 to 240ish in about a year. I was living in Boulder Colorado at the time and it was surprsingly easy to get fit once I put my mind to it. The tools were all there, I just had to use them. I got back down to 245 and felt thin!

And hit a major plataeu. :c( I convinced myself there I was meant to stay. But I maintained, didn't gain and that was a first for me. I was that weight for almost a year and a half before I had had enough again. It took me 16 months to lose that last 90 pounds or so.

So here I am 3 years later and still within 10 pounds of my lowest low. I was buff then, but my knee was better. Fitness comes in spurts for me but I have made a real focus on basic nutrition. That is a constant for me. Even on my bad days, I still eat my veggies. :c)

That's me in a nut shell... This never ends, but it does get easier. All habits can be changed, and when you get there, you realize it's a better way to be. Healthy.