Saturday, September 11, 2010

Screaming Fat Girl

Ack.  You're gone.  :(

********Edited to add********

Thanks for putting it back up, like I said, I think they are important.

***************************

I've started school again and two weeks in and I am a bit overwhelmed thinking of myself in their terms.  These need to become my terms.  I know I'll get there, but the education is going to be a bit bumpy while I reconsider the past 10 years or so.  I did it my way, but to help other people help themselves I have to do it their way. With their jargon, not just the ADA's, but all the phycology that goes along with it.   My exposure seems woefully limited to this one class.

Your blog was incredibly insightful... you think about yourself in their terms.  I need to get there.  I've been thinking about it all week.  It's a nice change of pace from thinking about my knee actually. /blogress

I was hoping to go back and read some more of your archives.  Totally selfish and I admit it-- but I wish you didn't have to go private to go dark.  I'd hate to think that you would be one of those blogs that just disappears.  Perhaps ironically because of your success instead of failure?  I have no idea why you've gone, but I wish you well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. This is so sad. I loved her writing, her thought process, her intelligence and her kind, caring heart which came through in her words. Her blog was extraordinary. Dammit. Why? Why? Why?

NewMe said...

SFG was insulted off the web by a blowhard who belongs to the school "kick your fat ass butt and put down the fork" school of "weight loss".

I am absolutely appalled that she is gone and he stays on, supported by a host of people who wouldn't know nuance and intelligent, thoughtful commentary if it bit them on the behind.

I hope she will invite her faithful readers back in. In my opinion, she is one of the best voices in the weight-o-sphere right now.

Inner said...

NewMe pointed out that SFG was the target of some very vicious words left on another's blog. She wrote several times about being extremely sensitive to over stimulation. Maybe that ugly rant that was targeted towards her put her over the edge. I hope she sees the posts on your blog and comes back. Her voice is so strong and thought provoking. I hope she knows there are many of us that value her insights and wish her only the best that life has to offer. SFG, we miss you and we hope you open your thoughts to us again when and if it workds for you.

Unknown said...

I'm ignorant of what ever drama transpired... She can be a but much. She blew into my blog last January rather risky making all sorts of assumptions. I'm happily married thanks. :). But once I got past that... Lots to learn from her.