Monday, September 6, 2010

Fat & Lazy

I wonder if I'll be able to escape the fat & lazy mindset completely.  Takes over when I am in pain.  The only thing that keeps me from self medicating with food is more pain.  So I guess now it's pain that makes me lazy.

One foot in front of the other.

I'm making a commitment to do some volunteer stuff.  Been called out on my fat & lazy ways and it's true...  I need to be doing more.  August ground to a halt when the shot wore off.  Can't live my life like that.  Can't let pain dictate who I am.

Thinking mornings a couple times a week at the Greater Boston Food Bank.  It's nearby, easy to get too and at a ground level I want to know what people are getting to eat.  Classes have my mind all over the place.  What do I want to be when I grow up?  I know I come from privilege (contributes to my fat and lazy ways) and some education on what's it like for so many should come from doing some good I think.

Okay, back to the school work.

2 comments:

Miz said...

(clarification this is all about me :) not necessarily you)

Ive so so found that when I struggle and my world feels...frazzly :) getting outside of it and doing unto others REALLY helps me as well.

its the helpers high (which is good since I can not seem to find the RUNNERS HIGH :))

Unknown said...

No worries, I often leave comments that are in reality all about me. But I like blogs for that reason, allows you to think on yourself in the context of others experience. I have no problems with that.

I look forward to finding out if you are right tomorrow. :c)