Saturday, January 30, 2010

What I ate. Humor the husband edition.

Someone asked me what I eat like now hence these recent posts.

Breakfast at 10:30am
Venti Iced
Bowl of Cheerios with a banana and 1% milk.
We were almost out of milk so I it was probably only 1/4 of a cup, enough to wet the cereal and leave a few licks for my kitty cat. Cereal used to me something I had a hard time with..two bowls with whole milk for breakfast or a snack! is too much. After YEARS of weighing out or measuring my food I've gotten pretty good at knowing how much is a portion. I got a new kitchen scale for Christmas though and have recently been pouring the cereal into the bowl on the tared out scale. I've got skillz-- I'm almost always spot on. The scale is tiny so the bowl covers the display so I have to contort myself to see it. The novelty of this game will wear off shortly.

Lunch at 12:30pm
Hamburger and small fries from McDonalds
Did you know that they put the nutritional info on the wrappers these days? Neat. Yes, I ate McDonalds. My husband is a fan of the chicken nuggets. We were on our way to the Cape and it's still a go to place for him so I obliged. I was also hungry, normally I would just get an ice cream but it was too early for that so I had lunch. It was under 500 calories, not tremendously filling but tasty enough and disgusting enough to remind myself why I don't really eat there anymore.

Snack at 5pm
Kashi Crunch Chocolate Pretzel Bar
I had never seen this flavor before. I <3'd it.
Mineola orange

Dinner at 7:30pm
Salmon with mango and peppers over brown rice.
This is pretty simple, I've made this with both frozen mango and tri colored peppers (both from Trader Joe's) and fresh. Tonight we are on the Cape so it was peppers from the salad bar and 2 fresh mangos, that and some Ken's Sesame Ginger Marinade. Some nights I make my own marinade, but for simplicity this evening I used the bottle. 1/4 cup in the bottom of the pan, fish on top of that, chopped fruit and veggies around it with 1/4 cup drizzled over them, cover in foil and bake. Serve over rice and I have a happy husband who had a low sodium meal.

Snack at 9pm
1/3 of a Klondike Bar
They were in the freezer down here. M bought them, didn't like them and they had been sitting there since last fall sometime. I had to pitch the rest, not yummy enough to justify eating... that applies to the last 2/3rds and the 4 others still in the package.

No comments: