Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something different

I'm cleaning out the rest of the stuff at the house that didn't make the cut into the apartment. This included three air conditioners. A tiny one and two rather large units. I took one of the big ones to the Cape today and the other two down one flight of stairs so that it will be slightly easier come recycling day on Friday. I have no idea how much these things weigh, but I struggled with the largest one. I'd venture a guess to say at least 50 pounds. Amazing. Amazing! I carried that times 3 plus some for so long. Can you imagine if your body didn't accommodate and you actually physically felt the weight of all that well, weight? I don't think anyone would ever be heavy. But the body adjusts. Alas.

Something I was surprised by today... My upper body strength isn't great, I'm working on that again-- I picked up a book that a fellow blogger raved about and I covet her arms, so we'll see. /blogress. Carrying those heavy air conditioners and really any heavy box lately is a different experience. I used to brace the weight against my stomach hang. It was like extra padding around my hips and since there was so much of it what ever I was carrying rested on that part of me and not on my thighs. No more. Ouch. My thighs are all beat up, especially just above the knee caps where the air conditioner I was carrying bumped up against me because it was too heavy to carry away from my body. I need to be stronger, or accept my limitations, but I'm so ready to be done with that place.

Not too much more to take care of over there. I've been ridiculously productive this week. I'm ready to keep looking forward and not back.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Ooooo - what book did you get??

Unknown said...

The one you raved about!

-Maura said...

Inquiring minds ask "Which book?"

Unknown said...

New Rules of Strength Training for Women.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.