Sunday, August 2, 2009

School starts in a month!

Yikes! I'm so relieved that I can finally enjoy the summer.

Mostly.

I'm still swelling at the end of the day. Salt plays a role as does activity. It's an odd sort of feeling. Not exactly painful but more uncomfortable and I think that is because I can't feel all of that area yet. Some of it is back but there is still a place where there is none. When you touch it yourself it's hard to tell exactly, but someone else touching me... I know exactly where the line of sensation is. Makes me giggle it feels so weird. I hope it all returns, I've experienced the same in my knee but that now has a dead spot due to repeated surgeries.

I'm occasionally still wearing the binder, especially if I am going for a walk. I don't need to be held in anymore, but for some reason it just feels a little better. Not sure why, but I think it has to do with the lack of sensation and then the uncomfortable fluid feeling.

We are on the Cape and I walked down to the beach yesterday. Now I have shin splints. It's nice to be moving finally, I'll take the pain for the moment, it'll pass with more exercise.

No comments: