Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On Vacation



We are at Yellowstone again. First trip out here was in 2005, then again in 2007 and 2008. I was in ridiculous shape for the trip in 2007. Last year was.... notsohot. This year is lovely with both of us going at our own pace, which is a bit run down actually. M from work and his fluctuating health issue and me from the flu before I left plus the fall that kicked my ass. Oh and the plastics. After a day of travel and then a day of driving-- Wow, puffy! Uncomfortably puffy in fact. I switched to a skirt yesterday so I could wear the binder. It helped even though I was a bit chilly.

So far we've done a few walks; Norris Geyser Basin, down to the brink of the Lower Falls, up and around the travertine terraces in Mammoth. I think Friday we will do a 5 mile hike out to Fairy Falls. Doesn't look too strenuous and it is something we haven't done yet. We've actually seen/done a bunch of things we hadn't done yet, that's what I love about Yellowstone, always something more to see. And even if you have seen it before it could be different now. Mammoth has changed dramatically in the past year. Over by Canary Spring the water has dried up along the boardwalk and is now cascading over another part of the terrace. It's amazing what you, or say a super heated spring, it's microbes and limestone can accomplish in a year. There is a webcam here.

No comments: