Saturday, December 10, 2011

Baby Wearing

Awful burn in my wrists + Less than optimal nursing sitch + Need to get sh*t done = My new favorite thing-- a Mei Tai wrap.


My uncle sewed this one for me and I love it.  The colors do scream little boy though... so I am hoping to have him sew me another one.  I need to pick out fabric first and have yet to cross that errand of my list.  Hopefully this week.

I am amazed by how much she looks around now.  So wide eyed just taking everything in.  Occasionally she will sleep, but mostly she just looks.  I like it because I feel compelled to keep moving, sitting down with it on while she is awake leads to fussiness.  If she does fall asleep then I'll sit, but not until I feel I have taken advantage of the opportunity of sleeping baby and hands free.

I'd really like her to get used to being worn.  It's better on my hands and back and it's nice to be so close to her.  Kissable and visible is how you are supposed to wear your baby.  Ideally I can get to a point where I could wear her in public.  That seems a bit scary  (I have no idea why) but we will get there.  Currently we have about 30-45 mins max before she is done.  I'm attempting to wear her at least twice a day to build up her stamina.  She's still a wee bit wobbly in the head- this is also helping with that but she's doing pretty good in there without a whole lot of support.

No comments: