Monday, February 2, 2009

Like a Pearl


So those little bone granules that were working their way up and out-- not all of them made it. Some ended up healing into the bone as the graft like they were supposed to. But then there were a few that got stuck. Irritating that area to the point that my body has started to coat them with calcium. Not surprising-- what I saw come out were jagged little pieces, no wonder my body is trying to smooth them out. What I can feel under there is a crunchy surface with little nodes (for lack of a better word) that are getting bigger. Nothing I can do about this on my own.

I pointing to the offending area under that scar in the picture. But what I notice more is the lump on the left. That's also a calcium deposit, I think they call them horns. Doesn't hurt like the other spot though.

Number 11 (probably the shortest surgery I'll ever have) will be on the 17th. Two weeks from tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Got you on my "healing thoughts" calendar for the 17th.

Lori said...

Good luck with the surgery. Hopefully it will be totally worth it!