Sunday, April 4, 2010

Vegetarian Homemade Peeps

Just went back and read my blog from last year. I'll stop posting about my knee for a bit when these appointments end. It's just constantly on my mind right now.

I had a nice Easter. Spent it with my husbands family in RI. They do food at holidays different than we used to with my Gram. Biggest difference is there is just less of it but that doesn't take away from celebration. I ate what I wanted and was satisfied Never any seconds unless it's desert. I love the freedom that comes with just living with food. I'm vigilant but days like today are great reminder of how far I've come. No eating till I'm overfull and uncomfortable but no denying myself anything either. It's a happy balance that is a result of years of paying attention.

That being said I wish there was something my M could have eaten. We/I need to speak up about need for lower sodium options for him at family gatherings. This is fact of life, just like cousin's vegetarianism. Too be fair though-- she made her own peeps and picked up her own soy roast. I think I'll take my cue from her and at the next function and just come prepared.

4 comments:

Kenlie said...

I try to show up prepared too...it's not always as convenient, but I'm usually glad I did it.

It's your blog...talk about your knee as much as you want. It's a big deal. I'll listen.

Happy Easter!

Diana said...

Glad you had a good day. :)

Melissa said...

That is a fantastic attitude! M's family could stand to be a bit more considerate and make something appropriate for him, but it's also not worth the fight when you can solve it by just bringing your own. I wish I had thought to come prepared for Easter dinner with my family yesterday. I ate far too much. But yesterday is done, and today is a new day. what happened yesterday will not stop me from getting back on track today. I need to do this for me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... my family kindly told me that they thought it would be next to impossible to stick to my 1200 calorie diet during our belated Easter celebration this coming weekend. Thank goodness for cooler bags and planning ahead.