Sunday, March 4, 2012

Days 1-3

Meal 1
4 egg whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup broccoli

Meal 2
2 scoops Whey protein

Meal 3
1 can Tuna (in water)
2 cups red pepper

Meal 4
6 oz. chicken breast
1 cup green beans

Meal 5
6 oz. halibut
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup asparagus

Meal 6
2 scoops Whey protein

I chatted with the trainer about his meal plan on Saturday during my session.  Adding veggies is fine (obv not the starchy ones) and I will be doing that.  He also said it's okay to be moving meals as long as you eat every few hours and get them all in.  Meal 2 will most likely be what I start with... It's just easier.  Meal 1, the egg whites will be an omelet  with some added spinach when the baby takes her am nap.  Tuna... This will be a "salad" type thing with added diced onion, celery, and little bit of shredded carrot.  I'll also add a wee bit of mustard and if I get desperate, a T of greek yogurt. I plan on eating the peppers as strips, but will also get some yellow and orange ones as well.  Eat the rainbow and all that. Meal 4 will potentially be a stir fry type thing, and to help my own cause I'll be cutting up the chicken strips and cooking them before hand.  Added will be garlic and some lemon. Meal 5 will be pretty plain, nothing too much to gussy up there.  I was reading up on the best way to cook the halibut, looks like searing in the pan and finishing in the over.  Perfect!  I have pans for that purpose. Last but not least the day will end with another protein shake.  I HATE protein powder.  I'd prefer something else and am actively looking for a replacement, but not a lot of things have 25 grams of protein in approximately 200 calories. Still, I can do it this week.

So that's that.  What's required of me...  Preparation and THOUGHT!  The last part is key.  Every time I'm tempted it's just about making the choice.  I'll admit I'm kind of concerned that this won't work... but it should.  I know I can keep the weight off, I just need to get there.  I do not doubt my ability to maintain, but I am a little nervous that I won't be able to lose.

As always, weight loss, such a mental mind fuck.

No comments: