Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's been hard to ignore

The nagging knee bump-- it is getting quite round.

And the night sweats. Even harder to ignore because I wake up every day soaked. Is this pre menopause? Meh-- I saw the gynecologist last fall. I was sweating profusely before my cycle started-- the birth control seemed to take care of that. But this past spring and now well into summer I have been a sweaty mess. I woke up this morning with damp sheets and a pool of sweat on my chest. Ick. What the hell is wrong with me? It can be 90 and humid and I don't sweat, but put me to bed and the waterworks start.

I know what this has been indication of in past. I try not to worry but it has been shadowing me for well over two month now. I see the knee doc in two weeks. My mom saw him yesterday, he asked about me. She told him the truth, he shook his head and sighed. Me too.

I'm going for a bike ride. I need to be stronger and now I have the time. I wasn't prepared for how much I hurt at the end of those two weeks of class. The physical act of commuting and the long days. Harder on my knee that I thought.

No comments: