Sunday, October 26, 2008

With a flick of the wrist

I am a label reader. Even if I know how many calories are in something I will still check out the nutritional label, things change, get reformulated, serving sizes are modified, etc. I am catching up on my google alerts and last week there was some big news apparently-- starting next year some food will start carrying a new label with info on the front of the box. Dreamed up by the ADA I wonder how useful this will be and how many products we will see this on. Hopefully a lot. When was the last time you saw someone in the grocery store reading the nutritional labels? I know I do it all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw someone else (besides M who is only looking at the sodium content) do it. Knowledge is power.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

When I turn things around on the shelf to read the label - I leave them backwards - so the next label reader will smile when she sees them backwards and realizes another careful eater has been there before her.