Monday, March 17, 2008

Has she not learned?


I don't always get it right, but man... Carnie Wilson is starting to irritate me. I understand my aggravation with her to be irrational and a little on the unnecessarily mean side, but this woman had gained and lost more weight since I was fat than I could possibly imagine. It makes me sad. In 1999 when she had WLS she was just about 300 pounds. I was 330ish and distinctly remember the twinge of jealousy at her having that procedure. Especially as she dropped the weight quickly and her follow up cosmetic procedures were so well documented by the tabloids.

But here we are 8 years later (and granted she has had kids) but she clearly has not learned how to live with food. Her stint on Celebrity Fit Club was a surprise to me-- I thought she had it figured out. She seemingly had conquered her drinking demons, speaking out about her addictions and how she had replaced food with alcohol on the Oprah Winfrey show. (Click here for an interesting WSJ article about the possible connection between WLS and alcoholism.) So when she popped up on VH1 I remember feeling a smug satisfaction mixed with disappointment and also relief. Finally-- I was hoping she would get it right now that she had to lose weight on her own. But as you can see-- she is still struggling. (WENN photo)

No comments: