Saturday, February 20, 2010

Oh hello, I have a blog.

Life kinda sorta just stopped for me last week. I am amazed at how many calories you can burn with tears. Even though I tweeted that I know food isn't comfort-- I still ate. Scale was 160.2 this morning. Some I assume is water weight. Everything I purchased out of a need to comfort myself however I did not finish. Well, except the FroYo version of Half Baked and even that took me 3 days.

This is still an accomplishment five years later. I often say that I know I won't ever put the weight back on if I didn't in 2007. That was before I kept this blog, January of that year started with my third failed ACL having to be removed and copious amounts of IV anti-biotics. In March my Gram died and then two weeks later my uncle died. I was in a ugly car accident and later that year I lost my job and miscarried. And despite all that I was in best shape of my life. I coped with exercise and smart choices.

I still try and cope with smart choices but the exercise escapes me. (that's another post) The move has helped with my activity level and there were several walks this week. One on Wednesday in the snow storm, I walked over a mile to Starbucks-- tears all the way. When I got there I order a latte instead of snack and my usual venti iced coffee. A one pump caramel latte is better for me than a cookie or scone or cupcake no matter how you cut it. Life will continue to happen, the only thing you can do is change how you react to it. Reacting with food simply does not help. I don't know if I'll ever get the exercise thing down, but my body still does what I need it to do-- carry me to places of comfort. Even if that's a Starbucks in a snowstorm.

2 comments:

Lori said...

{{hugs}} I'm sorry you are having a tough time!

Kenlie said...

I know it's been a rough week, and I really hope it gets better soon...you're dealing with life, and it's an incredible thing. At least that part is still good...

Hugs for you....