Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I have conquered the Oreo

I think I can say this. I'm pretty sure I have conquered the Oreo. These used to be a trigger food for me. M loves them. He has been buying the prepackaged snack packs. 12 in box, 6 in package at 270 calories. His line of reasoning was that pre-portioned is okay. And it is, as LONG AS YOU EAT ALL THE COOKIES.

But he never does. Often I come across 2 cookies, 4 cookies in what looks like an empty wrapper. Oh noes! So i've learned how to handle this and sometimes I eat them, sometimes I let them go stale. Like the ones by the bedside, 4 left, I had 1 a few days ago, last 3 are now all stale and soggy. I should just pitch them as M is out of town for a few days. But I'll let them sit.

Keeping weight off requires you to change the way you think about food. Before one was never enough, but now, it's okay. I know one isn't going to really harm me, they are my favorite after all and I can be satisfied with just one. No longer do I have to eat the whole package.

I'm thankful for that.

No comments: