Thursday, April 17, 2008

Big Fat Lie

I wish I were a better blogger-- but, well, life happens. And life has been happening again.

So much stress that I guess I didn't know I was under. Hindsight = 20/20. I broke out in spots over two weeks ago. At first I thought it was shingles (but they don't normally happen again) and then this rash started to spread. It's pityraisis and will last for about 6 weeks. The spots fade in and out but are quite visible on my neck and chest. Common in females under 35 and occurs in the Spring/Fall. My PCP also seemed to think it happens in people with weakened immune systems and those under stress.

Yeah, that's me.

Back in the day it would have been because I was fat. Everything that was wrong with me was because I was fat. Well, let me tell you, the only thing that is better (besides my long term prospects and even the data on that is sketchy...) is my thyroid. It can now keep up with my body weight but all the other problems that plague me are still there. Crappy immune system, (leading to all sorts of issues) asthma, bum knee. All still there. It the lack of defense against germs (viral or bacterial) that really gets to me. It keeps me from feeling healthy and dammit isn't that what weight loss is supposed to do. Make you healthy?!?!?! Here I am years later and still feel like ass.

A lighter piece of ass with hopefully better long term health prospects, but still. Damn. Why put in all this effort to be healthy when your body is just going to do what it wants anyways.

/rant

No comments: