Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wierded out by recent weight loss

I'm losing weight, and not trying too. I just scrolled back a couple of months and can see first mention of it in late September and then again in early October. It has been much easier lately not to eat. And it's not that I'm not hungry I just have no appetite. Subtle difference but to someone like me it's become something I am hyper aware of. I've been craving protein and fiber. Trips to the grocery store for comfort food have me returning with frozen veggies, edamame and beef jerky. I can walk by the cookie isle or even the bakery section and there is just no pull to that stuff currently.

Sunday I was starving at the library so wandered to the vending machine, it was well picked over and so I settled on a 3 Musketeers bar. Something I used to love and now couldn't finish.

I feel paranoid about this but am afraid there is something wrong with me. Or is this just how I am now? After 5 years of listening to my body and training it to eat good things is this how skinny people who are just skinny think about food? Or is there something sinister going on here. It just feels different from other times in my life where I have felt in control of my food choices or on the the flip side not in control. I wonder if I am over thinking this or should I get it checked out.

I mentioned it to my doctor as well in early October, I believe I used the word creepy. It is creepy. I also have a very intermittent pinging pain under my right boob. I know better than to ignore things...

The vain part of me is just fine with it, but the healthy part of me is definitely concerned.

3 comments:

meg said...

have you had your gall bladder checked?

Apex Zombie said...

I wish I had one iota of an idea about this. I hope it is all okay and there's nothing wrong.

Anonymous said...

I find that as I get more comfortable and used to what people seem to call "intuitive eating", my eating habits are a lot more stable. I don't crave things much, and things I used to love taste weird (Reeses Peanut Butter Cups-don't even like them anymore, too sweet). In general, I just eat what's available and/or seems healthy, and I crave "junk" less, so eat it less. I'm becoming a lot more indifferent to food than I used to be, though I still mostly eat what I enjoy. I think this is how normal people eat, but be careful that you don't turn it into an opportunity to try to starve yourself. I walk a fine line there, sometimes.

As for the pain under the boob, it might be worth getting that checked out.