Friday, January 2, 2009

Bunch of these memes floating around. Here's my take on 2008.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Camped with my husband.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't think I made any last year. Oh wait, I did, and no I did not keep it. Already broken that one this year too. No, I won't share it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, but seems like everyone I know is pregnant?

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I think 2008 was spent still mourning the loss of Gram in 2007. My other Grandmother died this year but she had been gone for years with the Alzheimer's. I was on vacation when they held her memorial.

5. What countries did you visit?

Good old US of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

A pain free knee.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The day after Thanksgiving and the highest temperature I have ever had as an adult.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I graduated from college this year. I had one credit hanging over me from CU Boulder. When I left there 6 years ago I never imagined I would actually get it done, but to move on with my life. Well, change is good.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Summer chemistry. Too much too fast made my brian hurt.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Th knee is chronic.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hiking boots for my sister for Christmas.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The twin sis. :c)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Nutmeg

14. Where did most of your money go?

I'm buying a student loan.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Starting on a new educational path in life.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

All of Keane's latest album.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? The same?
b) thinner or fatter? Heavier by 8 pounds.
c) richer or poorer? I have no money of my own.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercise and chemistry problems.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Laid on the sofa.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With family at home this year.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Already there.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Mike Doughty

24. What was the best book you read?

By Molly Stevens, All About Braising

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

PIctures and Sound

26. What did you want and get?

An iPhone.

27. What did you want and not get?

My act together.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Hrm.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

32 and went to the Pats game and watched them destroy Denver.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Less knee pain.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

It doesn't have to match it just has to go. I never leave the house without thought into my outfit. I always wear jewelry and a great coat can be your best accessory.

32. What kept you sane?

Marco, Mom and a venti iced coffee.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Obama!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Sarah Palin

35. Who did you miss?

Gram.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Ashley and Anna and Val from my two weeks of chemistry.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

You can only change yourself.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Everything leaves mark."

No comments: